Acclaimed British Jazz/Soul singer song-writer Lizzy Parks is the perfect accompaniment for any event. An exciting and innovate performer, Lizzy adds atmosphere and class to any occasion. Signed to UK-based independent record label Tru Thoughts with whom she has released several albums, Lizzy moved from London to Cannes on the French Riviera in 2009. As well as performing her own material at gigs and festivals around Europe, Lizzy has a large repertoire of jazz and soul tracks which she sings at weddings and events accompanied by her fantastic band (available in different formations from duo to quintet). Offering arrangements of well-known standards, Lizzy and her musicians can execute a vast repertoire of music from vocal piano jazz to up tempo swing. In addition to her Jazz Band set up which is absolutely ideal for wedding cocktail receptions, Lizzy can also perform modern songs (with some of her own material if desired) in her own unique style with her guitarist Tom. Lizzy and Tom recently performed at an informal rehearsal dinner I organised for one of my clients and it worked fantastically. Lizzy is really a delight to work with, proving an exemplary level of professionalism at all times. Make sure you check out her fantastic new group Lizzy and the Gentlemen available for weddings and events throughout the South of France: http://lizzyandthegentlemen.com
To contact Lizzy and find out more about the entertainment services she provides, you can email her on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Full Post »
If you like me are a bit of a techno freak, then you will have no doubt thought about creating your very own website for your wedding. Wedding websites are fantastic tools for facilitating the organisation of your wedding and for keeping in touch with guests regarding important wedding information. With a wedding website, you can do the following and much more:
- Share the official wedding photos of your special day with guests and allow them to upload their own photos.
- Send e-invitations and regular email updates to your guests.
- Keep a track of your guest list by asking people to confirm their presence online.
- You can use your wedding website as a blog to share you feelings and experiences with your guests on the run up to your wedding.
- Allow guests to access information regarding the location of the wedding ceremony and reception with google maps or another similar application.
- Inform guests about your wedding list.
- Give guests info regarding accommodation options.
- Allow guests to contact one another if they wish to get in touch to share lifts or accommodation.
- Allow guests to post personal messages to you and your fiancée.
- Allow guests to donate money rather than buying gift using Paypal or a similar secured online payment system.
- Give guests the opportunity to upload audio files onto your website to include in the wedding play list.
Today, there are a whole host of companies offering easy to use wedding websites. Most claim to be completely customisable but I can tell you that this is not always the case. Although they generally offer a good range of templates, it is not possible to really create a totally original website. I have reviewed a few online wedding website companies for you below, all whom offer quite a similar service. Most are pay to use but some are free. Most companies charge according to how long you want your website to be online for (the length of time the company will agree to host your website on their servers). Usually the maximum online period is 18 to 24 months, after which your website is automatically taken off line. Some offer customisable domain names such as www.brideandgroom’sname.com whereas others only offer domain names as an extension of the company’s own URL. The major downside for me with all companies that I have come across so far is that they do not offer multi language websites. For international families this can be problematic.
- Wedding Window: Wedding Window is for me the best wedding website software service on the market. Wedding window offers the largest range of functions from a forum where your guests can communicate with one another, to an RSVP facility, wedding planning tools such as a budget calculator and checklist. Photos are displayed nicely and you are able to add music to your website. The themes are attractive and easy to customize. The Wedding Window package my clients most frequently go for costs 80 dollars for 12 months.
- My Wedding: My Wedding is a free website service. My Wedding websites are user-friendly and the range of themes is extensive. My Wedding does not offer quite as many functionalities as Wedding Window but My Wedding is definitely a great tool considering it’s free!
- Wedding Jo Jo: Wedding Jo Jo is fairly new on the market and offers a range of beautifully designed themes. The premium member option at 14.99 dollars a month offers considerably more features compared to the free version.
- Wedsite: Wedsite is definitely one of the most visually attractive but its made using flash so is a little bit less viewer friendly.
- The Knot: Along with a load of different wedding planning tools and useful wedding planning advice, TheKnot.com offers free wedding websites for members with TheKnot.com domain names. Becoming a member of TheKnot.com is free, however only residents of the USA can become members. If you live in the USA then great, if not then TheKnot.com is not for you.
- Wedding Tracker: Wedding Tracker is an affiliate website of the same media group as TheKnot.com and offers a more complete service with personalised domain names. Wedding Tracker is a paying service but remains very reasonably priced compared with some other wedding website companies I have found on the net.
- eWedding: eWedding is one of the most user-friendly free wedding website services that I have come across. eWedding offers a very complete range or features including custom domain names if you wish to upgrade to the paying service. The downside is that the range of themes are not particularly creative.
If you are quite web savvy and fancy having a go at creating your own wedding website, Apple offers a great basic website design tool in their iwork software package. If you don’t have a Mac, then Google has created a fantastic online application for the creation og free websites for any purpose; Google Sites. Alternatively, you could always create a wedding website using the platform I used to create my blog, the wonderful WordPress. You could even find a local web design company to create you a totally tailor-made, professional wedding website. The advantage about creating your own site is that you can keep it online for as long as you wish. Equally, if you have an international family and need to present information in several languages, this is easier to accomplish if you create your own website.
Read Full Post »
If you are searching for quality entertainment for your wedding and don’t find what you are looking for in the Wedding Bands or the Wedding DJs sections of www.my-riviera-wedding.com, you might like to contact one of the entertainment agencies below who offer all types of good quality musical and non musical entertainment for events throughout the South of France.
- Riviera Organisation: Riviera Organisation is owned and managed by British, Riviera-based former Riviera Radio DJ Peter Mackley. Riviera Organisation have a huge range of super entertaining acts on their books. From charismatic Soul artists to saxophone lounge music, funky house DJs and nu-school classical acts; Riviera Organisation can really provide the perfect type of entertainment for any occasion. As well as taking care of the artist liason side of things, the company can also provide all necessary sound & light equipment.
You can contact Riviera Organisation by telephone +33 (0)4 93 12 14 01 or by email email@example.com. For more information on the entertainment services that the company offers, you can check out their website: www.rivieraorganisation.com.
- Prodiam: Prodiam is an artist agency based on the Cote d’Azur run by a wonderful lady called Marie Christine Lescure. The company offers a huge range of musical, dance, magic and performance art acts of an extremely high quality. For your wedding ceremony, the company can offer string quartets, harpists, opera singers, classical guitarists and pianists… For your reception Prodiam can provide any kind of entertainment to get the party started from cool jazz and soul groups to exotic performance acts for a range of themed events such as Bollywood, Oriental, Medieval and much more. Prodiam can provide a complete entertainment package with technical equipment, sound and lights included.
You can contact Marie Christine by telephone on +33 (0)4 93 14 34 46 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Marie Christine speaks great English and so do many of the artists on Prodiam’s books.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A SELECTION OF WEDDING BANDS ON THE RIVIERA
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A SELECTION OF ANGLOPHONE DJS ON THE RIVIERA
Read Full Post »
There are a whole host of car rental companies on the French Riviera, so you should not have any problem at all finding a wedding car. The price depends on the number of hours you need the car for and the amount of kilometres you wish to cover. The minimum number of hours for a car rental with chauffeur is usually 4 hours. During this 4 hours, the driver is at your service to take you wherever you wish to go. Due to French employment law, normally the same chauffeur can not do more than an 8 hour shift and must take regular breaks. If a chauffeur does a shift over a certain number of hours then you will more often than not find approximately 20 euros added to your estimate for a meal for the driver.
I have picked out below just a few of the many car rental companies who specialise in wedding cars:
- VIP Lux : Based in Nice, VIP Lux specilaises in limousines for weddings and special occasions. As well as its signature car, a white stretch limousine , VIP Lux offers an extra bling bling stretch hummer limousine, a Rolls Royce and a white Ferrari all available for weddings. All cars come with a chauffeur and depending on the service package you choose the company can provide floral decoration, champagne and other additional services.
White stretch limousine
Hummer stretch limousine
- Riviera Car Prestige: Riviera Car Prestige specialsies in vintage cars and has a really interesting selection of old classics such as a white Rolls Royce, an Excalibur Phaeton III, a Cadillac, an English taxi, a 1930s Ford, a Triumph, an Austin Healey, a Jaguar, a white Volkswagen Beatle and a fun Citroën 2CV. I picked up a Riviera Car Prestige weddings tariff sheet from a wedding fair recently and was pleasantly surprised to see that prices were rather more reasonable I anticipated; from 300 to 800 euros per wedding day.
Rolls Royce Corniche II
Excalibur Phaeton III
- MC Limousine: MC Limousine specialise in Executive Transportation and have a large fleet of sedans or saloon cars most of which are Black Mercedes S Class. MC Limousine are a great company to go for if you would like to arrange VIP transportation for all of your guests to and from the wedding ceremony and reception venues or to and from the airport. All cars come chauffeur driven and the MC Limousine drivers are the most professional in the area. The company’s owner Cédric has a stunning black Bently which he also rents out for weddings.
Mercedes S Class
- GTS: GTS is a good transportation supplier for if you decide to put on coaches or buses to transport your guests around the French Riviera. The company have mini-vans (7 passengers), mini-buses (16 to 25 passengers) and coaches (48 to 55 passengers) in their fleet should you need to transport a large number of people at any one time.
Read Full Post »
I first started hearing about cupcakes in a big way through a friend in London who was raving about a new bakery and tea shop in London’s South Kensington; the now famous Hummingbird Bakery. Cup Cakes are increasingly ‘en vogue’ and are replacing more and more the traditional wedding cake. Cupcakes, otherwise known as ‘fairy cakes’ in the UK, are an American invention consisting of a sponge cake cooked in a cupcake baking tray then decorated with different colours and flavours of brightly coloured butter icing topped with edible decoration.
The great thing about cupcakes is that they are completely customisable and can be made to coordinate with any theme or colour scheme, also, they are a perfect one portion size; not too heavy or filling after a large meal. The downside however is that the traditional ceremonial cake cutting is a little more challenging. What many cup cake suppliers offer is a tier of cup cakes with a regular cake on the very top which is used for the cutting of the cake.
Below are details for two cupcake companies that I have recently come across on the French Riviera:
- Scrumptious: I found Scrumptious through google a few weeks ago and have since met up with the owner of the company Naomi Parsons. Naomi is based in Le Bar sur Loup about 25km from Cannes and 30km from Nice and delivers homemade cupcakes anywhere between Saint-Tropez and Monaco for weddings, birthdays and other special events. Naomi has a culinary background as a chef, working both for catering companies and for her own private clients. Her cupcakes are delicious and come beautifully presented in fun pink packaging. Naomi pays special attention to the creative, edible decoration which she uses to add the finishing touch to her cupcakes. You can reach Naomi at Scrumptious by email email@example.com or by telephone on +33 (0)6 11 66 29 71. www.scrumptious.fr
- CupCakes Blvd: I met the owner of CupCakes Blvd at a wedding fair in Cannes and was so thrilled to have found my first cupcake baker in the South of France. CupCakes Blvd is a new company which started out in June 2009 and is run out of a unit in Golf Juan. The company offers made-to-order personalised cupcakes, traditional American style wedding cakes, fun personalised cookies and cakes made from candy and sweets. The owner, a Francophone lady called Anna Perrotin, is contemplating opening a ‘salon de thé’ selling her cupcakes and other products in either Cannes or Monaco, at some point in the not so distant future. You can reach Anna by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. www.cupcakes-blvd.com
Read Full Post »
Thomas Dusseune is not only a very good friend of mine but is a brilliant DJ. You can check out my Testimonial for Thomas on his website at the following link: http://www.thomasdusseune.com/testimonials/. Make sure you mention My Riviera Wedding if you reach out to him.
Read Full Post »
- Wayne Riley Flowers: I first met British florist Wayne several years ago at an event a company that I was working for was co-organising for Soho House at the Chateau la Napoule during the Cannes Film Festival. Since then, we have worked together many times on weddings in the South of France and are very good friends. Based in Nice, Wayne can be contacted my email on email@example.com or by phone number +33 (0)6 76 51 83 44. You can also check out Wayne’s website here: http://www.waynerileyflowers.fr.
Read Full Post »